January 29, 2012

Awakened


The overwhelming feeling of joy lightens my expression as I perceive his glittering eyes watching over me.
The anger and frustration of a long day are washed away with one flash of his crooked smile.
His powerful love pierces through the tough exterior I call my heart.
 I am cleansed of my pain, I feel more alive then ever.
I forget all of my suffering as he pulls me into a warm embrace.
Nothing is better than this moment.
I am too afraid to look away.
Afraid he will disappear.
Afraid I will never see him again.
His promise to never leave me reverberates through my mind.

He said that last time too.

His loving words gradually get softer.
I can no longer feel his arms around me.
I can no longer see that crooked smile.
I plea for him to come back to me
I yearn for his warm embrace

But he can no longer hear me

My pleas escalate into screams and I fall to my knees
Begging, sobbing, yearning.
Tears blur my vision as he grows fainter and farther away
I beg him to not break his promise again.
I continue screaming until my eyelids fly open.
 I am lying in my bed alone.
I close my eyes in the hope of seeing him again, but I am too late.

He is already gone.

I have left my haven and awakened to the nightmare that is reality.
My sorrow; I could not awaken
And all I loved, I loved alone
For there was nothing I could do to bring my father back to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment